Locations & Hours
Scheduling an Appointment
All appointments with a JHSAP counselor must be scheduled in advance. Some same-day appointments are available for urgent situations and are handled promptly through our clinical on-call process.
JHSAP Services During the Intersecting Crises of 2020-2021:
We know that the COVID-19 pandemic, the ongoing racial injustice crisis, and ongoing political upheaval are causing significant disruption, anxiety, and distress within our community. JHSAP is committed to supporting students, wherever they may be, with services to support their emotional well-being during these distressing and disruptive times.
- 24/7 mental health support is available for students by calling the JHSAP number: 443-287-7000, option #1.
- Televideo services are available for students who are in Maryland, DC, Pennsylvania, and Delaware and whose mental health needs can be served via telehealth. Televideo, phone, or email consultations will be scheduled for students outside these areas.
- Students who are already working with a JHSAP clinician may call JHSAP at 443-287-7000, option #1 or send their clinician a secure message to firstname.lastname@example.org for any non-urgent issues.
- JHSAP is glad to assist students in finding care resources within their communities.
- Consultation to staff and faculty will continue as usual.
How to prepare for your televideo JHSAP appointment
Privacy and confidentiality are essential to developing the trust that underlies a therapeutic relationship. Your clinician will be in a private space during your session, and to ensure that both you and your clinician are able to focus and speak openly, we ask that you also find a private space that is free from distractions. If someone enters your private space during the session, we ask that you let your clinician know so that you can pause the session until you’re alone again. We understand that at times, finding privacy can be challenging. If this is the case for you, please consult your clinician or JHSAP’s student assistance specialist so that we can help problem-solve.
JHSAP offers students the convenience of several locations across the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area.
Johns Hopkins East Baltimore Medical Campus
550 North Broadway (Next to JHOC)
Suites 403, 507, and 510
Baltimore, MD 21205
Johns Hopkins University School of Education Building, 2800 N. Charles Street
Specific room information will be provided when scheduling an appointment at the JHU School of Education location.
Bernstein Offit Building
1717 Massachusetts Ave.
Washington, DC 20036
Take the elevator to the 6th floor; turn right out of the elevator; then make an immediate left (about 10 feet); proceed through the glass door that has "SAIS" written in silver letters; walk to the right, all the way around the short hallway to Room 614 on the left. Room 614 is the next to the last office on the floor, across from a conference room.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday – 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday – 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Special arrangements for early morning and evening appointments may be available.
To schedule an appointment, please call 443-287-7000 or toll free (866) 764-2317 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
If you have an emergency that requires immediate attention after hours, you may call 443-287-7000 option #1 to reach the On-Call Clinician, call 911, or contact a local emergency room.
Toll Free: 866-764-2317
In case of an emergency, call 911.